An Interview With A Stoke Fan - 10/11
With thanks, even if he is a bit cheeky!
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
We seem to be progressing nicely again this season. Highlights would be our 3-2 win at the death against Sunderland a couple of weeks ago along with our comfortable home win against Liverpool earlier this seaosn and (of course) our traditional 3-0 win over yourselves.
The lowlight would be then losing that amazing 8 year unbeaten record against you on Monday night!
2) Stoke spent reasonably big in the recent window, who is proving to be the best signing for you?
It should be Kenwyne Jones, but whilst he's not done too badly we'd have expected him to score more goals, so our best signing has to be Jermaine Pennant after we converted his loan deal into a permanent one in January.
3) We were both in the race for John Carew, are you glad you won that particular battle - how is he settling in?
Very well, he suits our style of play and now has two goals under his belt.
Whether Pulis will keep him on next season remains to be seen as he would seem to want someone younger.
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses? Any clues for the game will be greatly appreciated :-)
We're far too predictable (but not quite the 'long ball' team that many would wish on us) and TP is notorious for never bothering with a 'Plan B'.
But however predictable we are, teams still find it difficult to defend against us - so what the hell?
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
Rory Delap may have only had one assist this season from his dreaded long throw, but the very threat of it still seems to panic defences into making mistakes.
6) Do you believe Albion should be worried about our position in the table, or do you feel we have enough about us to survive come the end of the season?
Anyone from us down could, in theory, still be in a relegation battle as it's that close. My worry for yourselves is that you may have chucked the baby out with the bathwater by sacking Di Matteo when you did, but you should be safe with so many other clubs struggling.
My bet has been Wolves, West Ham and Wigan (or maybe Blackpool) for some time now.
7) We've swapped Di Matteo for Hodgson recently, do you think we'll now be a completely different prospect compared to the game earlier in the season?
It's too early for that - Hodgson is no silver bullet and your current team doesn't seem to match the profile of a typical Hodgson team at the moment.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Thanks for the offer, but we'll stick with the ones we've got.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
As your top scorer, Odemwingie is the one for Shawcross and Huth to keep an eye on.
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
Just keep reminding yourselves that you've not beaten us since 2003.
11) Finally, a prediction please fellow football fan...
2-0 to the mighty Potters with goals either side of half time from Carew and Huth.
Vital West Brom on:
Vital West Brom on:
Join Vital West Brom
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.