Norwich Up Next
It's Norwich next as we bid to return to our previous good form, so I popped over to Vital Norwich for a little chat.
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and low light so far?
Our season is going much better than expected - anything could have happened once Lambert left, and at the start it looked like we were going to struggle. The low light was getting hammered 5-2 at home to Liverpool, who could have scored as many as they wanted that day. Hughton looked despondent on the touchline and we looked doomed.
The highlight has been the performance when we beat Arsenal - it was a real springboard for our season. We scored, kept a clean sheet and played really well, creating loads of chances.
2) Are you pleased with the transfer dealings of the club?
Yes - the defence is much stronger with Michael Turner, Javier Garrido and the excellent Sebastien Bassong. Alex Tettey and Robert Snodgrass have added quality to the midfield, whilst Hughton signed a quality back up goalkeeper in Mark Bunn, who is proving an able deputy to John Ruddy.
3) Where do you see your current weaknesses this season? Any clues for the game will be greatly appreciated :-)
Currently, there are no weaknesses! Seriously, we are on a great run of form and can compete with anyone. I guess we are missing a few chances, and should have had 4 or 5 on Saturday so that may be a weakness, but we look strong.
4) Who will be your key dangerman?
Wes Hoolahan is in great form and if you give him space he will cause problems. Anthony Pilkington is always a danger - an eye for goal and is one of only a few real two-footed players (takes a corner with either foot), so is one to watch... although I think the media are starting to take note now.
5) Who is your star signing of the summer?
Sebastien Bassong - the best centre back we've had for many a year and what we've been missing. Solid, quick and is a leader. Superb.
6) Where do you see Albion finishing this season?
Top half - pushing for top 8.
7) What do you think of the appointment of Steve Clarke to what is his first management job?
I always admired Steve Clarke. I think he really helped Mourinho at Chelsea and was a big part of their success. Obviously it didn't quite work out at Liverpool, but that was more Dalglish's failure to deal with the media than anything else. You never know how it is going to go when a coach takes the reigns but his start with West Brom has been fantastic. Am I surprised? No.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Easy - Shane Long. He's such a pest and always occupies opponents, which always goes down much better with fans than a languid style. Good player.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
Long/Lukaku/Morrison are the ones to watch. Odemwingie also seems to do well against us too.
10) What weaknesses in our team do you think you'll be looking to exploit?
I'm not too sure about your goalkeeper, and I think Ben Foster is a big miss for you. Equally we are without Ruddy I guess though.
11) Finally, a prediction please fellow football fan...
1-1, you might nick it 2-1 but I hope not!
With thanks to Savvy_Monkey.
Vital West Brom on:
Vital West Brom on:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.