Writer: Baggy Boy
Date:Thursday April 14 2011
We face off against Chelsea this weekend, is it a good time to face them...we speak to Vital Chelsea.
With thanks to Merlin!
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
Not exactly the season I`d anticipated. It started well with two 6-0 wins but has fallen away dramatically with Wednesday night, and our Champions League exit at Old Trafford, being the latest bitter pill to swallow.
As for highlights and lowlights, beating Arsenal 2-0 at Stamford Bridge, the game in which Alex smashed in a long range free kick was pretty good, as for a low, I`d go for getting turned over by Sunderland on our own pitch, we were truly woeful.
2) It was quite an interesting window for you wasn't it, Fernando Torres especially at a phenomenal price. What are your thoughts on him so far as he still seems to be struggling. Do you think he'll come good and be worth the fee you paid or go down in history as a flop?
I sincerely hope he does prove to be a hit. They say buying in January is always a calculated gamble. At the moment our gamble hasn`t come off, but he`s shown touches of brilliance and his situation isn`t helped by the fact the press are on his back big-time.
3) From the outside it seems to be a very strange season for Chelsea? Have you any real thoughts on why you seem to be struggling so much this season, is it just a blip, or have players lost passion and desire after already lining their trophy cabinets?
It`s something I`ve mulled over for hours. Just what has gone on that has changed us from being the best in England to also-rans! So I can only surmise that something has gone on behind the scenes that have knocked us off kilter and that something is probably not linked with Ray Wilkins leaving! I guess all will become crystal clear one day!
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses this season? Any clues for the game will be greatly appreciated :-)
Weakness - Scoring! The return from our strikers, in recent weeks, has been very poor. Whilst we still have the best defensive record in the Premier League, it`s not much help if the goals have dried up!
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
David Luiz - Sheer class and even though he`s a defender he can produce the unexpected when he pushes forward. Look out for the hair, you`ll not miss him!
6) Do you believe Albion should be worried about our position in the table, or do you feel we have enough about us to survive come the end of the season?
You seem to have turned a corner since Roy Hodgson took over, my verdict is that you`ll be safe, as long as you hold your nerve. It`ll be good for the club to stop becoming a yo-yo outfit flirting between the two top divisions.
7) Obviously we've swapped Di Matteo for Hodgson, do you think we'll now be a completely different prospect compared to the game earlier in the season and have you been surprised by the impact Roy has had on our results of late?
The sacking of Robbie surprised me, especially after what he`d done for you. But Hodgson is an experienced guy who sorts things out in a pragmatic order. Your shape is better and you look a lot tighter, just the sort of side we don`t want to be playing this weekend.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Peter Odemwingie - Simply because he can, unlike our forwards at the moment, produce something unexpected!
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
As above, his pace and skills could untie our defence.
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
I`m hanging my hopes on the fact that unbeaten runs come to an end. Roy Hodgson can`t keep you unbeaten forever!
11) Finally, a prediction please fellow football fan...
I`ll keep the faith and predict a Chelsea win but I wouldn`t be that surprised if it ended up as a 1-1 draw.
Vital West Brom on:
Vital West Brom on:
Join Vital West Brom
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Date:Thursday April 14 2011
Clarke - It Was A Day Of Records (Monday May 20 2013)
Lukaku Hails The Fans (Monday May 20 2013)
McAuley Proud Of Fightback (Monday May 20 2013)
VIDEO: Clarke Hails Memorable Game (Monday May 20 2013)
Stats: WBA v Man Utd (Sunday May 19 2013)
McAuley Extends Deal (Friday May 17 2013)
Foster In England Squad (Thursday May 16 2013)
Mulumbu Looking To Make It Up To Fans (Thursday May 16 2013)
Dawson In U21 Squad (Thursday May 16 2013)
Jones Wins Player Of The Month (Tuesday May 14 2013)
|10. West Ham||38||12||10||16||-8||46|
|Vital Report: Liverpool 1-0 Queens Park Rangers
» Liverpool : 20/05/2013 20:38:00
|Simeon Jackson Released
» Norwich : 20/05/2013 19:52:00
» Norwich : 20/05/2013 19:25:00
|Clarke - It Was A Day Of Records
» WBA : 20/05/2013 17:41:00
|Royals bow out of Premier League with defeat
» Reading : 20/05/2013 17:37:00
|Lukaku Hails The Fans
» WBA : 20/05/2013 17:30:00
|McAuley Proud Of Fightback
» WBA : 20/05/2013 17:19:00