An Interview With A Sunderland Fan
Ahead of our game against Sunderland, we speak to Gaz Johnson of Vital Sunderland.
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
The season was going perfect until we decided to stop playing after Blackpool and change our ambitions entirely.
We were in the running for Europe but now we find ourselves 12th and heading towards a scrap because of a bad run of form.
The highlight has to be destroying the champions on their own turf 3-0 earlier in the season.
Lowlight has to be getting hammered 5-1 by Newcastle on 31st October.
2) It was quite an interesting window for you wasn't it with the Darren Bent saga, but from your own signings who has fitted in best and who should we look out for?
It's funny because as soon as we sold Bent we have not won a game since Blackpool away. Coincidence? I think not! Our best new player is Sessegnon but with us not winning it is hard to say anyone has been brilliant so far.
3) Your last few results haven't gone exactly to plan, are fans getting tetchy that you might be pulled into the relegation battle or hasn't the thought crossed your mind?
I personally think we will be fine but if you asked me about relegation 6 weeks ago I would have thought you were crazy. We will finish in the top ten, just.
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses? Any clues for the game will be greatly appreciated :-)
The main problem is our lack of ability to take a set piece and also defend them. We have not scored from a corner since early last year and this is something that is simply shocking.
We need to create more chances in order to give you a good game.
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
Gyan will be fit after his amazing display against England as he looked a different player against Man City.
6) Do you believe Albion should be worried about our position in the table, or do you feel we have enough about us to survive come the end of the season?
I think everyone should be worried due to the stupid season we have seen so far. Albion are far from safe but I believe they have a great new manager and he should keep you up.
7) Obviously we've swapped Di Matteo for Hodgson, do you think we'll now be a completely different prospect compared to the game earlier in the season and have you been surprised by the impact Roy has had on our results of late?
You are a team in great form and we are one who are currently bottom so we should be worried. I am a massive fan of Hodgson and I think if they can get a point or more at our ground that will be a massive result for you.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
I would love Odemwingie as he looks a real handful and would work well with Gyan.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
I know you have problems in defence so we really must attack with Gyan, Welbeck, Sess and Muntari in order to get over the 40 point line.
11) Finally, a prediction please fellow football fan...
It must be a SAFC win so I'll say 2-0.
Vital West Brom on:
Vital West Brom on:
Join Vital West Brom
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.